Put a unique spin on gift giving this year. With today's technology we don't print enough (or any) of the amazing photos we take. Here's a simple DIY project to change that.
I use to spend a lot of money on wrapping paper, ribbon, bows, and tags. All for it to get ripped off as soon as the recipient receives it. People are more interested on what's inside the package. (Aren't we all?) Here's an inexpensive way to get them to pause for a moment and appreciate the whole gift (and it's presentation) as they open it.
Personalize the outside of the package/box using a photo. That's it! This past Christmas I used brown craft paper, tissue paper for the puppy, photographs, and washi tape for all of my gifts. They were a huge hit. And I observed everyone saving the photos as well. The washi tape peeled off nicely without any tearing. I chose a Christmas themed tape to compliment the black and white photos.
The possibilities are endless. Here's a list to inspire you.
* Baby shower gift-Use a baby photo of the Mom-to-be (or Dad)
* Graduation gift-Find a Kindergarten photo.
* Birthday-Use a photo from a previous celebration.
* Mother's Day/Father-Use a photo from the delivery room when you were born.
* Just Because-Chose a random photo of you and the recipient.
* Welcome Package (new neighbor)-Snap a photo of the Sold sign on the house they just bought.
* New Puppy-Attach a photo of your pup with some text suggesting a play-date.
* Wedding Gift-Previous date night photo of the happy couple.
And the list goes on and on. Be creative and think outside the box. Photographs aren't limited to a frame only.
There's more ideas coming soon on creative ways to display/use all the photographs we take.